Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Fiber Workshops on Peaks Island

I'm so excited to start offering various fiber workshops at my home on Peaks Island, Maine. The idea has been cooking away in my brain for a few months now and it's finally going to happen. This past weekend, as you read from my prior post, I hosted an indigo dyeing party which was a blast and a great learning experience for everyone including myself. This coming September 22nd, I'll be hosting my first workshop at the house. It will be just short of a week from my return from teaching at Squam The Taproot Gathering. I've entitled this workshop, Home Dyeing Made Easy. We'll be dyeing with madder root, logwoods, black walnuts, indigo, and osage orange. I'll talk about and demonstrate simple steps for preparing for the dyeing, tools and techniques that just make things a bit more manageable when you don't have a dyeing space set up all the time. Sample yarns will be used including merino, cashmere, angora, mohair, and alpaca. You can bring your own as well if you have something you'd like to dye up or have been itching to change the color of. Not a fan of your yellow yarn? Come drop it in the madder root to create orange or the indigo to make a green. Bring your bag lunch and hang out on the porch and chat away in the breezy afternoon while the pots simmer away.

If this date and time does not work for you but you'd like to take a workshop or private lessons in dyeing or other fiber related forms, let me know, I'm happy to work with you to create a workshop that can accommodate your schedule, skill set, or group.  

Feel free to email me with any questions! 44clovers@gmail.com

Hope to see you in September!

No comments: